2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
8 g dried yeast
1 tbsp sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
100 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup rum
1. Dissolve the yeast in the pineapple juice, stir in the sugar and set aside for 10 min until frothy.
2. Lightly beat eggs and add to the yeast.
3. Sift flour and salt, add 2 cups to the eggs-yeast mixture and knead by hand or with stand-up mixer for 5 min.
4. Add softened butter and knead for another 5 min, using remaining 1/2 flour.
5. Put the dough into clean oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1-1 1/2 hour to rise.
6. After it's well-risen, press down on the dough to release the air bubbles, nead for 2 more min and divide between 8 round molds (or one savarin ring). Cover again with plastic wrap and set in a warm place for 10-15 min.
7. Bake into preheated to 350F oven for 20-25 min until golden-brown in color.
8. Meanwhile, to make the rum syrup, stir the juice, sugar and zest in a pan until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil and simmer, without stirring for 10-15 min until starts to thicken. Strain the lemon zest and add the rum.
9. Trim the warm babas to flat the base, prick all over with a toothpick and drizzle with rum syrup.
10. Serve warm or cold.