|Chocolate Orange Mousse in Chocolate Collars|
1 oz (30 g) white chocolate
1 oz (30 g) dark chocolate
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
175 ml milk
1 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
50 g dark chocolate
1/2 cup whipping cream
1. To make the collars, you need an acetate ribbon, cut into 2 (10-inch/25 cm) lengths. Lay a piece of acetate on a flat surface and spread melted white or dark chocolate evenly over the entire surface using an offset spatula. Let set until chocolate become firm, but not hard. Form the acetate into a teardrop shape, chocolate side in. Pinch the two ends of the acetate together. Refrigerate the collars until chocolate becomes firm.
2. Stir together egg, sugar and cornstarch. Heat the milk in a pan until almost boiling and gradually add to egg mixture.
3. Return to the pan, add orange zest and simmer, stirring constantly, for 5-8 min until thicken.
4. Strain the orange zest and stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until cool.
5. Whip the cream and fold into the cooled mousse with liqueur.
6. Spoon the mousse into the collars.
|< Prev||Next >|