2 cups whole hazelnuts, lightly toasted
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp honey
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 egg whites, at room temperature
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 oz dark or white chocolate
1. Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor . Place in a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
2. Add the butter, cocoa, flour, honey, and vanilla and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Add the egg whites, a little at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add only enough of the whites for the dough to take on the consistency of a loose cookie dough. Do not worry if all of the egg whites are not used.
3. Spoon the hazelnut mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe out rosettes-kisses onto the prepared sheet . Let the rosettes sit in a refrigerator for about an hour .
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 min just until firm to touch. Let cool on a rack .
5. Melt chocolate and spread over cookies. "Sandwich" them together and refrigerate for 15 minutes to set the chocolate.