|Mocha Prune Cheesecake|
1 cup Graham crumbs
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup butter, melted
400 g cream cheese, room temperature
400 g ricotta cheese, room temperature
5 oz chocolate, melted
1 tbsp espresso powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup rum
1. For crust, preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine graham crumbs and coconut with cocoa powder. Stir in melted butter and blend until even and crumbly. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch springform pan.
3. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until browned around edges and allow to cool. Wrap bottom of pan will foil and place in a baking dish that has at least a 2-inch lip. Reduce oven temperature to 300° F.
4. Soak the prunes in a rum for 1 hour, drain and place on top of the baked crust.
5. For the filling, beat cream cheese and ricotta cheese in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with electric beaters until smooth and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl often. Add sugar, flour, melted chocolate and espresso powder and beat again scraping down the sides of the bowl often. At this point, there should be no lumps - if there are, beat again until smooth.
5. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, and scraping bowl thoroughly. Pour cheesecake into prepared pan.
6.Pour boiling water around pan to come up halfway. Bake for 40-50 minute.
7.Run paring knife around the edge of the cheesecake and let it cool to room temperature. It'll prevent cheesecake from cracking. Chill overnight in springform pan. To serve, remove ring and decorate with chocolate leaves.
|< Prev||Next >|